National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) 2020 (NEET (UG) - 2020) will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses and other undergraduate medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental & other Colleges/ Institutes in India.
Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019 provides for holding of a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions including those governed under any other law. Thus, the admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like Institutions will be made through NEET. The eligibility criteria applicable to appear in NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to the candidates desirous to take admission to INIs like AIIMS.
Admission to Health Science Degree Courses from is done through NEET (National-Elegibility-cum-Entrance-Test), Test conducted at all India Level. As per the Government Gazette, MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, B.V.Sc., B.PTh., B.OTh., B.Sc. (Nursing) BASLP and BP&O Courses are declared as Professional Health Science Courses in Maharashtra State.
Admissions to all seats of Undergraduate Medical Courses will be done through NEET (UG). The following are the seats available under different quotas:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental /Ayurveda /Siddha /Unani /Homeopathy Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats vi. All seats including NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, in private unaided/aided minority / non- minority medical colleges shall also be filled on the basis of merit obtained in NEET(UG)
Eligibility to appear in NEET-UG
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) is as per related Regulations is as follows: -
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Courses .
- The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates.
- Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from a foreign Medical/Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
NEET PAPER PATTERN:-
|No. of MCQ
|10.00am to 1.00pm
|Biology(Botany & Zoology)
An All India Merit List of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of All India Rank in the Merit List of the NEET (UG) and candidates shall be admitted to Undergraduate Medical Coursesfrom the said list only, with existing reservation policy. NTA will only provide All India Rank to candidates, while Admitting Authorities will invite applications for Counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the Admitting Authorities. Admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on All India Rank as per merit list of NEET (UG).
Admission to 15% All India Quota, shall be as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulation of MCI/NMC/DCI, the judgments of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and the procedure prescribed by the MCC under the DGHS. Similarly, for admission to 85% State Quota shall be also as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulations of MCI/NMC/DCI, the judgments of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and the prescribed rules and regulations by the State/Union Govt. or its designated authority.
Admission in State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions/private medical colleges for seats other than 15% All India Quota:
- Admission under State Quota Seats shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory as notified by the respective State/Union Territory from time to time.
- The reservation of the seats in medical colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in the State/Union Territory concerned.
- Admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses in Private Medical Colleges shall be subject to policies of the Government of India/State/Union Territory.
Admission to AIIMS/JIPMER/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC and AFMC includingBHU/AMU
- Admission to AIIMS/JIPMER/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU will be conducted by DGHS/MoA/AACCC and reservation policy will be as per rules and regulations of the concerned University or Institutions. Candidates should register on MCC website for admission to Deemed / Central University/ ESIC and AFMC for MBBS/BDS courses and AACCC website for admission to Deemed Universities/Central Universities/National Institutes for Undergraduate Medical Courses.
- Admission to AFMC, Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Candidates who apply for NEET (UG) - 2020 and/or for seeking admission in AFMC also need to apply to AFMC on www.afmc.nic.in/www.afmcdg1d.gov.in. The short listed candidates will be required to appear for a second stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC. Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further and exact details. The Counselling will be conducted by DGHS
- III. Admission to Deemed Universities /Central Universities / ESIC Medical Colleges /AFMC/ BHU /AMU, shall be as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulations of MCI/ NMC/ DCI, the judgments of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and the procedure prescribed 21 by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) under the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). iv. Further, the common counselling for admission to MBBS course in the concerned INIs shall be conducted by the DGHS as per the time schedule specified in the MCI’s regulations.
For More Details Please visit : https://ntaneet.nic.in/